Canon EOS 300 with strap! Attached is a Canon 80-200mm zoom lens!
The Canon EOS 300 was introduced in 1999. The branding EOS Rebel 2000 was used in the North American market. Date versions are also available. The camera was known as the EOS Kiss III in Japan.
This model is the entry level of the consumer lineup and has a safety feature that shoots the film backwards; it goes into the canister instead of out, thus reducing inadvertent exposures ruining the entire roll if the back is ajar. It is not compatible with IR film, as it uses IR light to track frame spacing. CR2 batteries are used for power while most of the mid-range EOS cameras uses 2CR5. For other battery options this camera supports battery grip pack BP200, easing portrait orientation with an additional shutter as well as allowing it to use of more common 4X AA batteries.
- Introduced: 1999
- Image size: 24 x 35mm
- Lens mount: Canon EF
- Focus: autofocus, 7 points w/ AF assist and manual option.
- Metering element: Silicon photocell
- Metering mode: Center weighted ave, 35-zone evaluative, partial 9%.5
- Film speed: 6 to 6400 ISO Auto DX or manual
- Exposure: ±2 EV (½ steps)
- Exposure modes: Program AE, shutter priority, aperture priority, depth-of-field AE, and full auto.
- AE bracketing: ±2 EV(½ steps)
- Shutter Speeds: 1/2000 to 30s with bulb.
- Film transport: Auto with prewind, Auto end of roll rewind, mid roll rewind.
- Film advance: Single, continuous auto (1.5 fps)
- Flash: Built-in, GN 12, TTL, 3 zone. 1/90 sec. sync.
- other: Depth-of-field preview, multiple exposure
- Power: Two CR2 lithium batteries with four segment power level, CR2025 for date back.
- Dimensions: 140 x 90 x 58.5 mm
- Weight: 355 g. (11.8 oz.) body only.
~Perfect for a beginner through to professionals!
Overall condition - Excellent condition - 9/10
Example photos can be found here.
This camera has been cleaned, mechanically tested and is in full working condition. Light seals are replaced when necessary.
- We gladly accept returns within 30 days of delivery or pick up if the item arrives defective outside of the detailed conditions when purchased or if any initial defects are present upon receiving the item.