The Pentax K1000 is a 35mm film SLR camera made by Pentax and produced between 1976–97. Its design descends from the original Spotmatic series of screw-mount SLRs introduced in the 1960s. The K series evolved from the classic Spotmatic SP 1000, in fact the K1000 itself is essentially a Spotmatic with a bayonet rather than M42×1 screw mount.
The K1000 is a personal favorite of mine, I traveled Thailand with one of these guys and didnt let me down.
- Lens release: lever on the right lower side of the lens mount, slide downward and turn the lens counter clockwise, when mounting the lens the red marks of the lens and the camera must be aligned
- Focusing: manual front focusing, via Fresnel matte screen, ring and scale window on the lens
- Shutter: horizontally traveling, rubberized silk focal plane, speeds: 1/1000–1 s +B; setting: speed dial knob on the top plate
- Shutter release: on the top plate, with cable release socket
- Cocking lever: also winds the film, short stroke, retractable, on the right of the top plate
- Frame counter: additive type, auto-reset, window on the cocking lever
- Viewfinder: eye level SLR pentaprism, needle index of exposure meter visible in it
- Exposure meter: full frame averaging TTL metering with built-in coupled match-needle meter ASA range: 20–3200, setting: ring and window on the speed dial, lift and turn
- Exposure setting: manual, turn the speed dial or aperture ring until the needle aligned to the center of the index, in the finder
- Rewind: folding crank on the top plate, turns when winding
- Rewind release: a button on the bottom plate
- Flash PC socket: left lower front side of the camera, w/ removable lid, X-Sync. 1/60, red X mark on the speed dial
- Self-timer: none
- Back cover: hinged, opens by lifting the re-wind lever
- Tripod socket: 1/4 in
- Strap lugs
- Battery: 1.5 V LR44 alkaline or SR44 silver oxide (only for exposure meter)
- Battery chamber: on the bottom plate
- Attention: leave the lens cap on when you are not using the camera, there is no on-off switch for the exposure meter, so it works continuously
We also sell film so make sure to add some to your order with no extra charge for shipping!
Overall condition - Great condition aside from the film number couter not working. This does not make any difference in the photos.
Example photos can be found here - https://www.lomography.com/cameras/3318347-pentax-k1000/photos
This camera has been mechanically tested and is in full working condition
- We gladly accept returns within 14 days of delivery if the item arrives defective outside of the detailed conditions when purchased or if any initial defects are present upon receiving the item