Pentina SLR camera with original brown leather case!
The Pentina is a quite unusual leaf-shutter SLR made by the East-German VEB Kamera- und Kinowerke Dresden between 1961 and 1965. In 1964 the company was renamed VEB Pentacon, where also the name Pentina was derived from.
The Pentina is a quite unusual camera in many ways. First of all, with her clean design surrounded by the chromium finished aluminum frame it is hiding to be a SLR with the usual pentaprism. Jürgen Peters laid the basis for its design as part of his diploma thesis at the Hochschule für Bildende und Angewandte Kunst (University of Fine and Applied Arts, Berlin-Weißensee) in 1958. Secondly, the use of a leaf-shutter was a novelty for the quite advanced SLR camera expertise based in Dresden, which so far exclusively used focal plane shutters. The East-German engineers around Dresden lost the capabilities to produce high quality leaf shutters already during the 1930ies, when Zeiss Ikon and the Carl Zeiss foundation took control over a hidden German leaf shutter monopoly with the West-German companies Deckel and Gauthier. With the German separation after WWII it became more and more difficult for the East-German camera industry (which would eventually be consolidated into Pentacon) to purchase the West-German shutters.
- SLR camera 24x36 mm with built-in prism viewfinder
- Interchangeable lenses with Pentina plug-in bayonet
- Selenium light meter with needle meter reading on top of the camera
- Film speed setting 6-1600 ASA in both, ASA and DIN scale
- Match-needle metering with adjacent aperture and shutter time rings around the lens, advertised as (semi) automatic exposure.
- Quick-release lever (like the shutter button on the left camera side), mirror does not return automatically
- Prestor-00 reflex leaf-shutter with exposure times from 1 s to 1/500 s and B
- Flash synchronization M or X, switchable, extremely short electronic flash times possible
- Image counter
- Rewind crank (bottom of camera)
- Accessory shoe (cold)
- Film type marker (bottom of camera)
- Tripod socket ¼ "
~Perfect for a beginner through to professionals!
Overall condition - Excellent condition - 9/10
Example photos can be found here.
Manual can be found here.
This camera has been cleaned, mechanically tested and is in full working condition. Light seals are replaced when necessary.
- We gladly accept returns within 30 days of delivery or pick up if the item arrives defective outside of the detailed conditions when purchased or if any initial defects are present upon receiving the item.