Agfa Ambi Silette in original brown case!
Agfa Ambi Silette is a 35mm film rangefinder camera manufactured by Agfa Kamerawerk AG, in Munich, West Germany, and produced between 1957-1961. The Ambi Silette was a part of the Silette range of Agfa as an interchangable lens rangefinder. In this series there were viewfinders called Silette and rangefinders called Silette Super.
- Lens: Agfa Color-Solinar 50mm f/2.8, four elements, interchangeable w/35-50-90-135mm,
- Mount: bayonet, very easy mounting, filter size 37mm slip-on
- Lens release: press the catch on the lower front of the lens mount and simultaneously turn the lens counter clock-wise gripping the fixed miled ring on the lens; Aperture: f/2.8-f/22
- Focusing: matching yellow rangefinder images in the finder, via turning the ring on the lens, w/DOF scale; Focus range: 1-10m +inf
- Shutter: Synchro-Compur leaf shutter speeds: 1-1/500 +B; Setting : ring and scale on the shutter, behind the lens, w/ two little handles
- Shutter release: on the right of the top plate, w/ cable release socket
- View finder: coupled view/rangefinder, matching yellow images, w/ bright-line frames, parallax correction by a switch on the top plate adjusts to the 35-50-90mm lenses, the 130mm lens required a separate viewfinder
- Flip-up protecting cover on the view- and rangefinder windows on front of the camera
- Cocking lever: also winds the film, short stroke, on the right of the top plate
- Frame counter: coupled with winding lever, advance type, manual setting
- Self-timer: the small green lever must point to V of the dial on the top of the shutter, after exposure and winding it turns to X
- Flash PC socket: on the right of the shutter, M 1/60-1/500, X 1/30 synch, adjustment via the small green lever on the top of the shutter Others: Cold-shoe; Memory dial;Tripod socket 1/4 inch; Supporting slide on the front of the bottom plate
- Back cover: Hinged, opens by tha latch on the left side of the camera
- Body: metal
~Perfect for a beginner through to professionals!
Overall condition - Great condition for its age, slight wear and tear to exterior - 9/10
Example photos can be found here.
Manual can be found here.
Film for this camera can be found here.
This camera has been cleaned, mechanically tested and is in full working condition. Light seals are replaced when necessary.
- We gladly accept returns within 30 days of delivery or pick up if the item arrives defective outside of the detailed conditions when purchased or if any initial defects are present upon receiving the item.