Canonet QL17 with original leather case, lens cap, and UV filter!
The Canonet QL17 is a rangefinder camera produced in the 1970s, with a 40mm f:1.7, 6-element 4-group construction lens.
The EE (Electric Eye) feature and viewfinder were made as small as possible and the internal construction was completely different from the original Canonet, making the QL17 a totally new model. However, it had a strong Canonet-like appearance.
The “QL” stood for “Quick Loading,” a feature which made film loading quick and easy. At first, “Quick Loading” was inscribed below the Canon logo. It was later replaced by “QL.”
- Lens: Canon Lens 40mm f/1.7. 6-element 4-group construction, with four newly designed glasses. Spectra coated in amber and purple. Filter thread 48mm.
- Shutter: Between-the-lens type. Shutter speeds from 1/4 to 1/500 sec. and B. Automatically sets aperture, self-cocking combined film/shutter wind, self-timer, X-synchronization.
- Viewfinder: Bright-Line type, Parallax Correction Mark
- Rangefinder: Viewfinder combined with range-finder, bright frame with automatic parallax correction, aperture scale, exposure indicator, over/under exposure indicator, and over/under warning marks.
- EE Mechanism: Built in exposure meter with CdS cell for fully automatic exposure control. Shutter speed priority system. ASA 25-800 (DIN 15-30). With ASA 100 film, EV 3.5 (f/1.7 at 1/4 sec.) EV 17 (f/16 at 1/500 sec.)
- Battery: Originally powered by one 1.35V M20 (#625) mercury battery. Battery checker built-in. (It's possible to use alternatives. *see above)
- Flash: Hot shoe Accessory shoe with direct contact exclusive for Canolite D and the flash socket for the other flash units. Electronic Flash Sync with All Shutter Speeds.
~Perfect for a beginner through to professionals!
Overall condition - Excellent condition - 9/10 [This camera previously belonged to a collector who kept it in excellent working condition!]
Example photos can be found here.
Manual can be found here.
This camera has been cleaned, mechanically tested and is in full working condition. Light seals are replaced when necessary.
- We gladly accept returns within 30 days of delivery or pick up if the item arrives defective outside of the detailed conditions when purchased or if any initial defects are present upon receiving the item.