Exa IIa with original brown leather case, camera strap, and lens cap! The camera has a 50mm f:2 Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar lens attached.
The Exa IIa is a 35mm film SLR camera made by Ihagee Kamerawerk Steenbergen & Co, Dresden, former East Germany and produced between 1963-64.
The prism is permanently fixed with a plain groundglass, and the camera has a regular focal-plane shutter running vertically.
- Engraving on the prism: Ihagee Dresden
- Lens release: lever on the lens flange
- Focusing: simple matte glass screen, ring and scale on the lens
- Shutter: Focal plane cloth vertical shutter; speeds: in geometric progression 1/2-1/250; Setting: dial on the left of the top plate
- Shutter lock lever: on the back of the top plate
- Shutter release: on front of the camera, w/ cable release socket
- Cocking lever: also winds the film, short stroke, on the right of the top plate
- Frame counter: decreasing type, manual reset, on the winding knob
- Viewfinder: eye level SLR pentaprism, fixed
- Mirror: not instant return
- Re-wind lever: folding crank, on the left of the top-plate
- Re-wind release: beside the winding lever
- Flash PC socket: on front of the camera, bulb and electronic flash markings near the speeds dial
- Memory dial: a collar beneath the winding knob
- Back cover: removable with bottom plate, opens by a thumbnail knob on the bottom plate
- Special removable take-up spool
- Tripod socket: ¼"
- Strap lugs
- Body: metal; Weight: 838g (with lens)
~Perfect for a beginner through to professionals!
Overall condition - Excellent condition - 9/10
Example photos can be found here.
Camera manual can be found here.
Film for this camera can be found here.
This camera has been cleaned, mechanically tested and is in full working condition. Light seals are replaced when necessary.
- We gladly accept returns within 30 days of delivery or pick up if the item arrives defective outside of the detailed conditions when purchased or if any initial defects are present upon receiving the item.