Miranda Fv with 50mm f:1.9 lens attached, plus comes with a Miranda lens cap!
The Miranda Fv belonged to group of Miranda cameras made between 1963 and 1969 - starting with the F - which was modified to become the Fv (via the FM). As with most Miranda SLR cameras before and after the Fv, the finders are interchangeable, so can be prism, waist-level, magnifying, etc.
The Fv (and other models) have two separate shutter release buttons; one in the usual location on the user's right of the top plate (although this was a screw-in post, and is frequently missing), and the other on the front of the camera body. Older Miranda camera models were pioneers of systems to automate closure of the lens diaphragm immediately prior to exposure, and used an external mechanism known as a Pressure Automatic Diaphragm. PAD lenses had an arm with a button on the end that reached to and aligned with a body shutter release. Pressing the release button on a lens arm closed down the diaphragm, and then further pressure pushed the camera shutter release. Miranda where very mindful of providing backwards compatibility, so that's why the Fv has two shutter release buttons, and one of them is on the front of the camera: it's a legacy feature to accommodate the use of older Miranda PAD lenses with external diaphragm couplings. The Fv/FvT is otherwise designed to be used with newer Miranda lenses with internal automatic diaphragm couplings.
- Lens mount: Miranda mount - duel 4-claw bayonet and 44mm screw thread.
- Focus: Viewfinder magnification 0.92x with 50mm lens at infinity. Condenser and Fresnel lens combined focusing screen with micro-prism centre spot. Interchangeable viewfinders.
- Shutter: Horizontal travel cloth focal plane with speeds of 1 sec., to 1/1000th sec., +B. No self-timer.
- Meter: Various removable accessories.
- Exposure: Manual.
- Flash: FP and X terminals. X synch at 1/45th sec. No accessory shoe - this was an extra that clipped over the rewind knob.
- Film Advance: Winding angle 180°. The film winds on to the spool emulsion side out.
- Size: 146 x 95 x 45mm.
- Weight: 640g (body only)
~Perfect for a beginner through to professionals!
Overall condition - Great condition - 8.5/10
Example photos can be found here.
This camera has been cleaned, mechanically tested and is in full working condition. Light seals are replaced when necessary.
- We gladly accept returns within 30 days of delivery or pick up if the item arrives defective outside of the detailed conditions when purchased or if any initial defects are present upon receiving the item.