Introduced in 1977, Pentax released the ME at the same time as the MX. The Pentax ME is an aperture priority automatic camera, with an electronic focal plane shutter operating from 8 to 1/1000 sec., with electronic flash synchronization at 1/100. The shutter curtains are metal and travel vertically. In typical operation, the user cannot manually select shutter speeds; however an exposure compensation dial around the rewind crank allows -/+ 2 stops of adjustment to the automatically-selected shutter speed.
- Lens mount: Pentax K
- Shutter: focal plane Seiko MFC-E
- metal curtains, vertical travel
- from 8s to 1/1000
- Exposure meter: TTL, open aperture,
- center weighted
- Exposure modes: aperture priority
- ASA/ISO range: 12 to 1600
- Finder screen: fixed
- Flash shoe: fixed hot shoe
- Flash speed: 1/100
- TTL Flash: no
- Motor drive: external winder ME I (1.5i/s) or ME II (2i/s)
- Battery: 2×1.5V
- Weight: 460g w/o lens
~Perfect for a beginner through to professionals!
Overall condition - Near mint condition - 9.5/10
Example photos can be found here.
Manual can be found here.
This camera has been cleaned, mechanically tested and is in full working condition. Light seals are replaced when necessary.
- We gladly accept returns within 30 days of delivery or pick up if the item arrives defective outside of the detailed conditions when purchased or if any initial defects are present upon receiving the item.