Pentax Program A with 1:3.5 - 4.5, 35-70mm lens.
Pentax introduced the Program A (or Program Plus in North America) in 1984. It is a manual-focus 35 mm SLR camera.
It has four exposure modes, selected using a dial around the shutter release and the lens' aperture ring:
- Programmed automatic exposure (KA lenses only): lens aperture set to 'A', shutter dial set to 'Auto'
- Aperture-priority AE (K, Kf or KA lenses): lens aperture set to a value, shutter dial set to 'Auto'
- Metered manual exposure: Lens aperture set to a value, shutter dial set to 'Man'. Even 42 mm screw-mount lenses can be used for manual exposure, with a screw-to-K-mount adapter ('Mount Adapter K'). With screw-mount lenses, stopped-down metering is used.
- Programmed flash: lens aperture set to 'Auto' for programmed flash with a KA lens, or to a value for normal auto flash with any other lens. Shutter dial set to 'Auto' with dedicated flashes, or '100' for others.
We also sell film so make sure to add some to your order with no extra charge for shipping!
Overall condition - Used condition
Example photos can be found here - https://www.lomography.com/cameras/3346348-pentax-program-a/photos
This camera has been mechanically tested and is in full working condition.
- We gladly accept returns within 14 days of delivery if the item arrives defective outside of the detailed conditions when purchased.