Pentax Program A with 50mm f:2 lens.
Pentax introduced the Program A (or Program Plus in North America) in 1984. It is a manual-focus 35 mm SLR camera.
It has four exposure modes, selected using a dial around the shutter release and the lens' aperture ring:
- Programmed automatic exposure (KA lenses only): lens aperture set to 'A', shutter dial set to 'Auto'
- Aperture-priority AE (K, Kf or KA lenses): lens aperture set to a value, shutter dial set to 'Auto'
- Metered manual exposure: Lens aperture set to a value, shutter dial set to 'Man'. Even 42 mm screw-mount lenses can be used for manual exposure, with a screw-to-K-mount adapter ('Mount Adapter K'). With screw-mount lenses, stopped-down metering is used.
- Programmed flash: lens aperture set to 'Auto' for programmed flash with a KA lens, or to a value for normal auto flash with any other lens. Shutter dial set to 'Auto' with dedicated flashes, or '100' for others.
~Perfect for a beginner through to professionals!
Overall condition - Excellent condition, some wear/markings around hot shoe - 9/10
Example photos can be found here.
Camera manual can be found here.
Film for this camera can be found here.
- We gladly accept returns within 30 days of delivery or pick up if the item arrives defective outside of the detailed conditions when purchased or if any initial defects are present upon receiving the item