Pentax Program A equipped with SMC Pentax-A 50mm f/2 lens. The camera also comes with a camera strap!
Pentax introduced Program A (or Program Plus in North America) in 1984. It is a manual-focus 35 mm SLR camera.
It has four exposure modes, selected using a dial around the shutter release and the lens' aperture ring:
- Programmed automatic exposure (KA lenses only): lens aperture set to 'A', shutter dial set to 'Auto'
- Aperture-priority AE (K, Kf or KA lenses): lens aperture set to a value, shutter dial set to 'Auto'
- Metered manual exposure: Lens aperture set to a value, shutter dial set to 'Man'. Even 42 mm screw-mount lenses can be used for manual exposure, with a screw-to-K-mount adapter ('Mount Adapter K'). With screw-mount lenses, stopped-down metering is used.
- Programmed flash: lens aperture set to 'Auto' for programmed flash with a KA lens, or to a value for normal auto flash with any other lens. Shutter dial set to 'Auto' with dedicated flashes, or '100' for others.
~Perfect for a beginner through to professionals!
Overall condition - Excellent condition 9/10
~Example photos can be found here
~Camera manual can be found here
~Film for this camera can be found here
This camera has been cleaned, mechanically tested and is in full working condition. Light seals are replaced when necessary.
- We gladly accept returns within 30 days of delivery or pick up if the item arrives defective outside of the detailed conditions when purchased or if any initial defects are present upon receiving the item.