Praktica FX2 with a 50mm 2.8 Steinheil Munchen lens!
The Praktica F.X 2 is a relatively early member of the Praktica family, a 35mm SLR introduced by KW in 1956. It accepts M42 lenses, but does not have a mechanism for internally stopping down later lenses such as those made for Pentax SLR's. It is named for its dual flash sync: "F." (a modified F-sync, for high speed bulbs) and X (for electronic shutters,) with corresponding PC sockets on the front of the camera. It is a follow-up to the 1952 FX, with the aforementioned modification to the F-sync and a substantially re-designed viewfinder hood. Several variations with different flash-sync are known, including the "FX2." (the period is part of the name.)
- Type: 35mm SLR
- Manufacturer: Kamera Werkstätten Guthe & Thorsch (better known as "KW.")
- Lens mount: M42 screw mount, no aperture linkage (some variants have a linkage, which can be disengaged if an older lens interferes with it.)
- Shutter: Focal-plane
- Shutter speeds: 1/2 to 1/500 sec. + B.
- Film Transport: Knob, double exposure prevention.
- Metering: None.
- Exposure: Manual.
- Viewfinder: SLR, waist-level type, auxiliary sport finder.
- Flash: Dual PC sockets for "F." and X focal plane sync.
~Perfect for a beginner through to professionals!
Overall condition - Great condition - 8.5/10
~Example photos can be found here
~Camera manual can be found here
~Film for this camera can be found here
This camera has been cleaned, mechanically tested and is in full working condition. Light seals are replaced when necessary.
- We gladly accept returns within 30 days of delivery or pick up if the item arrives defective outside of the detailed conditions when purchased or if any initial defects are present upon receiving the item.