Yashica FX-D with a 28-80mm f:3.9-4.9 zoom lens attached, camera strap and lens cap!
The Yashica FX-D is " The little sister" of the Contax 139 Quartz released in 1980. Still, some people consider Contax to have a more solid feel, plus it adds TTL flash, DOF preview, and aperture readout in the viewfinder among other differences. Otherwise the FX-D has similar features, the same rather small housing, and the same Contax/Yashica bayonet lens mount. The FX-D is well suited as second body for Contax users, since the controls are placed in Contax-like positions on the body. In particular you find the meter control button on the front side. The bottom of the camera contain contact for a motor drive. Upon release one was not available, but it was compatible with the Contax 139 motor drive.
A variation of FX-D was sold as the FX-D SE Quartz. There is no difference between the models. It was often sold with a FX motor drive winder and a zoom lens.
- Type: 35mm SLR with aperture preferred automatic exposure.
- Image size: 24 x 36 mm
- Lens mount: Contax/Yashica bayonet mount.
- Shutter: Electronic vertical running metal focal plane shutter.
- Shutter speeds: Quartz-timed electronic shutter with variable speeds on AUTO from 1/1000 to 1 seconds. Manual from 1/1000 to 1 sec., plus X (1/100 sec.) and "B" Sync speed of 1/100 sec.
- Exposure control: TTL, center-weighted at full aperture. Aperture-preferred automatic exposure.
- Meter: SPD Silicon Photo Diode
- Measuring range: EV 1 to EV 18 sensitivity range at ASA 100 with f/1.4 lens. ASA range 25-1600.
- Shutter release: Electromagnetic release system; auxiliary remote release via "Release socket".
- Exposure compensation: + 2 EV
- Viewfinder: Fixed eye-level pentaprism type; field of view 95%; 0.86 magnification (with 50 mm lens)
- Viewfinder display: Shutter speeds indicated by 16 LEDs.
- Focusing screen: Horizontal split-image spot, with microprism collar and matte field.
- Film advance: With rapid advance lever; 130° setting angle; 20° standoff position.
- Self-timer: Electronic self-timer with 10 sec. delay.
- Power: 2x 1.55 V silver-oxide batteries SR44 or alkaline LR44. Battery check.
- Dimensions: 135 x 86 x 50 mm
- Weight: 460g
~Perfect for a beginner through to professionals!
Overall condition - Great condition, front exterior covering has slightly come off - 8.5/10
Example photos can be found here.
Manual can be found here.
Film for this camera can be found here.
This camera has been cleaned, mechanically tested and is in full working condition. Light seals are replaced when necessary.
- We gladly accept returns within 30 days of delivery or pick up if the item arrives defective outside of the detailed conditions when purchased or if any initial defects are present upon receiving the item.