Zenit 3M is a 35mm film SLR made by KMZ and produced between 1962-70 with quantity of 781.678 units. Zenit means Zenith, a point in the sky that appears directly above the observer.
There are 10 types and 6 sub-types of the Zenit-3M
- Lens release: simply screw counter clockwise
- Lens: Industar-50 (ИНДУСТАР) 50mm f/3.5 filter thread: 49mm (standard lens)
- Other standard lens is Helios-44 (ГЕЛИОС) 58mm f/2
- Mount: KMZ's ZM39 screw mount. It looks like M39 Leica mount but due to the mirror space, the rangefinder M39 mount lenses do not work properly on this camera. You can use them only the close-up focus range
- Aperture: f/3.5-f/16 setting: ring and scale on the lens
- Focus range: 0.65-20m +inf
- Focusing: via ground-glass screen, ring and scale on the lens
- Shutter: rubberized silk double cloth curtain, horizontal focal plane
- Speeds: 1/30-1/500 +B, setting dial on the top plate 
- Shutter release: on the winding knob, w/ cable release socket
- Cocking lever: also winds the film, short stroke, on the righe of the top plate
- Frame counter: manual reset, additive type, beneath the winding knob
- Viewfinder: SLR pentaprism
- Mirror: not instant return
- Re-wind knob: on the left of the top-plate
- Re-wind release: by a small knob, beside the winding lever
- Flash PC socket: on front of the camera, X sync 1/30
- Memory dial : on the re-wind knob
- Self-timer: activates by a small knob above it
- Back cover: hinged, opens by a latch on the left side of the camera
We also sell film so make sure to add some to your order with no extra charge for shipping!
Overall condition - Great
Example photos can be found here - https://www.lomography.com/cameras/3315293-zenit-3m/photos
This camera has been mechanically tested and is in full working condition.
- We gladly accept returns within 14 days of delivery if the item arrives defective outside of the detailed conditions when purchased.